WORDBOOK DICTIONARY & THESAURUS is the top selling commercial English dictionary app in 2008 and the first half of 2009, currently on sale 75% off.* Listed in the Best 100 iPhone Paid Apps of 2008 - Apple iTunes Store
* ?None measure up to WordBook? Score: 10/10 - Michael Alexander, AppCraver.com* ?WordBook is comprehensively, the most well designed dictionary application available for the iPhone? by Chris, MyAppleGuide.com* ?WordBook, an already excellent app which has gone par excellence with the release of its 2.0 version? ? Rohit, iPhoneDownloadBlog.com* One of the Ten Best Paid for iPhone & iPod Touch Applications - reviewed by Andrew Hemphill of MobileTechnology.suite101.com-----------------------
WordBook is a comprehensive, quick and intuitive dictionary and thesaurus of the English language.WordBook comes from the developer of long time favorite WordBook for Smartphone, winner of Smartphone and Pocket PC Magazine's Best Dictionary Software Award in 2007. Features:* 150,000 entries with more than 220,000 definitions, 330,000 word links, 70,000 examples. The entire content is equivalent to a 1,800-page book.* 120,000 pronunciation guides in International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) and other notations. Full audio pronunciations in multiple voices including the professionally recorded voice of Susan Barnes (SilverCatStudios/USA) [NEW].* Word origins (etymologies) for 23,000 root words.* Built-in thesaurus and word links connecting hundred thousands of words together.* Words of the Day: you get to learn new words daily and can also shake the device for more fun with random words.* Advanced alphabetical index, partial-match, wild card and sounds-like word searches with integrated spell checker and spelling suggestions.* Fully editable favorites and history lists with sorting and export to email. Ability to add user's notes to definitions.* Browser-like definition content navigation. Ability to tap on any word in the content to lookup its definition.* Crossword and anagram solver.* Up to 5 customizable web dictionaries to supplement built-in contents.---------------------
- WordBook does not require an internet connection to run.
- Updates are free to all existing customers.
- To change text sizes, spell check and profanity filter settings, go to iPhone/iPod home screen and select Settings.
- To hear pronunciations, select More => Pronunciations => Audio and turn the ring/silent switch (upper left side of the phone) to ring.
- If you have any problem, please contact us directly. Most problems can be solved by simple changes in application or iTunes sync settings.Also check out TranCreative WordRoll series, the concise, simple and fastest bi-directional translation dictionary between English and Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish.